US ESTA - Electronic System For Travel Authorisation To Travel To The United States
A US ESTA is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in your passport.
- With VisaCentral, you can apply anytime and you will receive an email or post confirmation from VisaCentral notifying you once your ESTA has been issued.
You must apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours before travel.
- Once an US ESTA is issued it is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires and will allow multiple entries into the US.
When Travelling on an ESTA You Must:
- Hold a Return/Onward tickets on a scheduled flight with a major airlines/Cruise company that is registered for ESTA’s
- Not be staying for more than/ up to a maximum of 90 days including Mexico, Canada and the Caribbean Islands
- Have no previous violations of the USA Immigration Law (i.e. overstaying the 90 day period)
Important Requirements For ESTA Applicants
- If you are a US Citizen and hold dual nationality with a Visa Waiver Program country you are not required to have an ESTA. You must use your US passport to travel to the USA.
- A passport indicating that the bearer is a British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British National (Overseas) Citizen, or British Protected Person does not qualify for travel without a visa. A passport which states holder has Right of Abode or indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom does not qualify for visa free travel.
- Please note: following recent changes under the Terrorist Travel Prevention Act, nationals of VWP countries who have visited: Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemen on or after March, 2011 are no longer eligible to apply for an ESTA.
- Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen are not eligible for an ESTA.
- As of April 1, 2016, to qualify for an ESTA you must have a passport containing an integrated chip and display the universal e-passport symbol on the front cover (as shown below).
Benefits of Using VisaCentral
- Live Assistance. If you have questions regarding your application a VisaCentral specialist is available to help via phone or email.
- Automated System Updates. If your application for an ESTA is not instantly approved our systems will automatically check for approval on the traveler’s behalf and notify the traveler when approval has been issued.
- Immediate Email Comfirmation. VisaCentral will automatically email travelers who receive immediate confirmation with the reference number via email that is saved for future reference. This keeps a secure electronic record of all personal information with the ESTA.
VisaCentral is not part of the US government. The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issues decisions for all ESTA applications. You can apply for an ESTA directly through the DHS website, however you will not benefit from the VisaCentral services listed above.